Nils Wlömert, Dipl.-Kfm., (born 1979) studied Business Administration at the University of Hamburg. In his Master thesis he empirically analyzed consumer preferences for new business models in the music industry. During 2008 and 2010 he worked for the Universal Music Group as a Digital Marketing & Key Account Manager in Berlin, where he specialized on Pricing & Business Analysis in the digital music market.
He joined the Graduate School Media & Communication in October 2010 as a stipendiary of the Hamburg State Excellence Initiative. In his doctoral thesis under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Michel Clement, he focuses on modeling of consumer preferences in media markets with a special focus on media piracy.
Aktivitäten an der Graduate School
Papies, D., F. Eggers and N. Wlömert (2010): Music for Free? How Free Ad-funded Downloads Affect Consumer Choice, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 39 (5), p. 777-794. Please follow link to read article.
Keywords: Digital Media Piracy, Media Business Models, Discrete Choice Methods, Item Response Modeling, Randomized Response.
- Since 10/2010
- PhD Student at the Chair of Marketing and Media Management (Prof. Clement) at the University of Hamburg, Member of the Graduate School Media and Communication
- 01/2009 – 09/2010
- Key Account- & Digital Marketing Manager at Universal Music Group Germany GmbH, Berlin
- 05/2008 – 12/2008
- External Diploma Student at Warner Music Group Germany Holding GmbH (Market Research Dept.), Hamburg
- 10/2006 – 04/2008
- Student Intern at Warner Music Group Germany Holding GmbH (Digital Sales & Marketing Dept.), Hamburg
- 12/2005 – 10/2006
- Student Intern at Ticketmaster Ticketservice GmbH (Online Marketing Dept.), Hamburg
- 07/2004 – 03/2005
- Study Abroad at Victoria University of Technology (Media Focus), Melbourne, Australia
- 08/2003 – 02/2004
- Internship at FKP Scorpio Konzertproduktionen GmbH, Hamburg
- 10/2001 – 12/2008
- Studies of Business Administration at the University of Hamburg (Marketing, Business Information Systems, Business Law), Dipl.-Kfm.